/*--

Σάββατο, 16 Αυγούστου 2014

CHIOS - PANAGIA KRINA - Χίος - Παναγία Κρήνα

 Παναγία Κρήνα. Στα νοτιοδυτικά της καμπούσιας περιοχής, κοντά στο μικρό χωριουδάκι των Βαβύλων, η Παναγία η Κρήνα συγκεντρώνει τα βλέμματα των επισκεπτών. Κτίστηκε το 1287 και θεωρείται ένας από τους παλαιότερους ναούς της Χίου. Εδώ οι βυζαντινοί κτίστες έδωσαν όλη τους τη γνώση, φτιάχνοντας ένα μεγαλόπρεπο κτήριο που φαίνεται να αιωρείται στο τοπίο, αποδεικνύοντας πως η αρχιτεκτονική είναι τέχνη. Οι τοιχογραφίες που παραμένουν εντός του ναού θα σας διεγείρουν ψυχικά καθώς εκπέμπουν μια ήρεμη αύρα. Όσες έχουν αποσπαστεί από το ναό, περίπου 12 τον αριθμό, φιλοξενούνται στο Κτήριο Ιουστινιάνη στο κέντρο της Χίου. Μη χάσετε την ευκαιρία να τον επισκεφτείτε, είναι σε ελάχιστη απόσταση από το κέντρο και αξίζει λίγο από τον χρόνο σας. - Copyright © wondergreece.gr

Η Παναγία Κρήνα τοποθετείται στους αρχαιότερους ναούς της Χίου καθώς η ανέργεση της χρονολογείται στο τέλος του 12ου με αρχές του 13ου αιώνα και είναι αφιερωμένη στην Κοίμηση της Θεοτόκου. Ο Ναός είναι το κοντινότερο μνημείο στην Νέα Μονή απο αρχιτεκτονικής άποψης. Σήμερα διασώζεται ακέραιος ο ναός και ερειπωμένος ο Πύργος του κτήματος της. Ανήκει στον οκταγωνικό νησιώτικο τύπο και έχει έντονα βυζαντινά στοιχεία όπως αψιδώματα και κεραμουργήματα. Οι τοιχογραφίες του ναού είναι ιδιαίτερες καθώς οι μορφές που εικονογραφούνται έχουν μία γλυκύτητα και καλοσύνη και η κίνηση τουςαποδίδεταιμε χάρη και άνεση.
                    discoverchios.com | Τουριστικός Οδηγός της Χίου

                                               CHIOS - PANAGIA KRINA
                        
Among the countless churches and the small picturesque chapels which decorate the colonizings of the Municipality of Kampochora, the church of Panagia Krina holds a special place. Between the colonizings of Vavili, Halkios and Zifias, surrounded by a beautiful natural landscape with olive groves and pine trees, the temple resists vigorously to the passing of time and carries its history to the present day. It is considered to be a golden ring in the chain of the religious tradition of the island.

The initial temple was built in the 12th century, the outer one was added in the 18th century. As owners of the initial temple are mentioned Eustathios Kordatos and his wife Irene Doukena Pagomeni, who belonged to the imperial court of Constantinople
                         
The shape of the temple is octagonal and looks like the one of Nea Moni, keeping however its unique brightness, with the irregularly built walls allowing the sunlight to "revive" the church and its wonderful wallpaintings differently according to the light of the day.

The first hagiographies were made, according to an inscription, in 1197. But inside the temple there are five more different kind of hagiographies, each from a different period, that are maintained until today and give the visitor an image of the development of the art of painting in Chios. The second decoration, of the Byzantine period, was done at the end of the 14th century. From this the icons of the twelve prophets have been rescued and are now exhibited at the <Byzantine Archaeological Museum of Chios>. The paintings of the third period, also Byzantine, can be seen on the wall of the North and the South temple, while the ones ,  of the post-Byzantine period remain in the Altar.
                     .   
In the year 1734 the whole temple was almost covered by the hagiographies of the artist Michael Homatza and after the destructive earthquake of 1881, the paintings of the Ruler of Everything and the Angels were painted on the dome.

A few years ago, the works for the maintenance of the church started and it is remarkable how the specialists have managed to separate and restore parts of all the painting styles. These maintenance works continue until today.

source :          Chiosnet Travel and tourism guide logo

+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...